Position: Facilities Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Part Time (20 hours per week)
Summary: An integral part of the Charlotte Community Foundation’s team responsible for maintaining business and facility resources and systems to support the foundation’s operations and staff.
• Performs upkeep, repair and maintenance of property and structures owned/operated by CCF, ensuring a safe, functional and clean work environment.
• The work includes but is not limited to conducting/scheduling routine inspections of premises and equipment; preventive maintenance; diagnosing/correcting mechanical issues; structural upkeep/repair including paint touch up/lightbulb replacement; trash disposal; weed removal/landscaping/parking lot upkeep; developing and keeping current inventories and inspection schedules; and ordering required supplies.
• Working knowledge of operation and maintenance of some office equipment and all other job-related tools and equipment.
• Manage and maintain contracts, obligations, and coordinate scheduling with external vendors; communicate with management for the purposes of defining scope of work to attain quotes for contractual work and communications to leadership regarding the current phase of on-going projects or up-coming scheduled work; coordinate, schedule, and supervise licensed worker(s).
• Contribute to the set up and breakdown of special events at the foundation or off-site events where the Foundation is presenting, as needed, including CCF’s year-end holiday display.
• Work within budget to procure office supplies, workstations, office equipment and furniture and ensure accuracy of facility expense invoices.
• Execute and maintain documentation of procedures related to CCF operations, facility management and emergency procedures in coordination with staff and tenants.
• Contributes information to capital expense budget of future needed repairs and improvements to the foundation facilities and related systems.
• Responsible for maintenance of vendor information within database, maintaining facility-related file server structure.
• Complete additional tasks as assigned.
• Maintenance experience required; trade/technical degree or maintenance certification desirable
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.; work in hot, humid conditions; stand and walk up to 8 hours; bend, stoop, twist and turn; climb stairs/ladders; move furniture/equipment; and demonstrate manual dexterity and mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work
• Highly organized, dedicated to quality and accuracy with some computer skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Project management skills, ability to multitask, work in fast-paced environment under deadline pressure
• Clean criminal history; subject to background check
• Valid Florida driver’s license
• Willingness to learn Foundant database software
• Committed to highest ethical standards, honesty, integrity, and team player, professional in manner and appearance, courteous and a positive “can do” attitude
• At all times, keep Chief Financial Officer up-to-date on areas of responsibility