You Choose The NonProfit You Want to Support
Establishing a Designated Fund allows you to support the good work of a specific nonprofit organization. Because it’s given through Charlotte Community Foundation, your gift provides the organization you select not only funding, but planned giving, investment management services and the power of endowment. Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. The earnings from your fund are used to make distributions to the nonprofit. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever. You can add to the fund at any time. If the organization you select ceases to exist or changes it’s mission, the fund can be redirected so that it continues to address your charitable intent.
How It Works
- You identify an organization that you wish to benefit and make a gift of cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name or in the name of the nonprofit organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift was made.
- CCF issues annual distributions to the nonprofit(s) you have chosen in the way you have chosen your funds to be distributed.
- CCF provides fund oversite, IRS reporting, investment and administration, and alleviates the fiduciary responsibility to the nonprofit.
- We handle all administrative details and manage qualifications you establish for disbursements.