You Designate the General Area of Your Passion
By establishing a Field of Interest Fund, your donation addresses needs in important areas of community life such as youth development, arts & culture, animal welfare, etc. CCF awards grants to nonprofits that are making a difference in the area you select. Your gift remains flexible enough to meet community needs in your interest area – even as they change over time.
How It Works
- You identify an area of personal interest as broad or narrow as you wish.
- You make a gift during your lifetime or through a bequest in your will of cash, appreciated stocks, real estate or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Our professional program staff evaluates needs in your area of interest that would be most impacted by distributions from your gift.
- CCF issues Community Investment grants in the name of the fund you establish (or anonymously) to nonprofits who have been vetted by CCF and have the greatest need.
- We handle all the administrative details.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. The earnings from your fund are used to make grants. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
- You can add any amount to your fund at any time and so can others who share your interests.