Higher Education Opportunities for Everyone
Establishing a Scholarship Fund allows you to invest in your community’s future and show students you care. We provide the expertise to help you meet your personal goals and award Scholarships to deserving individuals. Your donation helps individuals to achieve their lifetime goals.
How It Works
- You make a gift of cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets. Minimum Scholarship Fund is $25,000 (fund can be built over years with distribution limitations).
- We set up a Scholarship Fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift was made.
- Our professional program staff helps to determine eligibility requirements for the Scholarship you establish.
- We handle all administrative details awarding Scholarships to deserving students in the name of your Fund.
- You receive updates on the impact your gift is making.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time, using your earnings to award scholarships. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source for scholarships today and tomorrow.
Thanks to our generous donors, the Charlotte Community Foundation has awarded over $1.9 million in scholarships to Charlotte County students pursuing higher education in fields of study including Healthcare, Engineering, Education, General Studies and Real Estate.